By the time you’re done reading this article, you’ll discover the 10 most affordable student cities in USA. This will help you in making a decision on which city is the best to suit your budget.
The United States is the world’s greatest economic power, enriched with modern technology, agriculture, mineral resources etc. The country has produced more academic experts in many fields, their political and judicial stability is second to none.
As an international student looking forward to studying in the united states, aside from the tuition fee, other things you should consider before choosing the city of your study are; the cost of living in the area, accreditation, availability of scholarship scheme, grants and bursary.
As you read to the end of this article, you will gain knowledge of the most affordable student cities in USA as well as the affordable schools in each of the cities
- 1 Most Affordable Student Cities In USA
- 1.1 1. Alabama
- 1.2 2. Missouri
- 1.3 3. Oklahoma
- 1.4 4. Mississippi
- 1.5 5. Iowa
- 1.6 6. Nebraska
- 1.7 7. Kentucky
- 1.8 8. Texas
- 1.9 9. Louisiana
- 1.10 10. Utah
Most Affordable Student Cities In USA
The United States is known to be one of the most expensive studies abroad destinations, but these most affordable student cities in USA will help you cut the over cost of your studies there.
The state of Alabama is one of the fast-developing states in the united state. The state’s economy in the 21st century is based on management, automotive, finance, manufacturing, aerospace, mineral extraction, healthcare, education, retail, and technology
Alabama’s colleges and universities were known to harbour international students, it has numerous Christian schools, black colleges. So you can do well to apply to one of the universities below if thus fit your budget.
Cheapest Universities in Alabama;
- Alabama State University: Tuition fee – $10,905/yr
- Troy University: Tuition fee – $10,112/yr
- University of North Alabama: Tuition fee – $10,118/yr
Missouri is a state in the Midwestern region of the united state. It has the record to be inhabited for the past 12,000 years. It is enriched with a forested highland, providing timber, minerals, and recreation.
In order words, Missouri as a place will provide you with an opportunity to work in its diverse developed sectors while your school.
Cheapest Universities in Missouri
- Grantham University: Tuition fee – $6,360/yr
- Northwest Missouri State University: Tuition fee – $9,391/yr
- Harris Stowe State University: Tuition fee – $9,409/yr
- University of Phoenix Springfield Campus: Tuition fee – $9,480
If you’re looking for an affordable university in Oklahoma but aren’t a state resident, these are the least expensive out of state colleges to consider.
A major producer of natural gas, oil, and agricultural products, Oklahoma relies on an economic base of aviation, energy, telecommunications, and biotechnology.
Cheapest Universities in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University: Tuition fee – $5,559/yr
- Oklahoma State University Oklahoma City: Tuition fee – $9,141/yr
- University of Phoenix Oklahoma City Campus: Tuition fee – $9,480/yr
This city’s contribution to the American economy is vast, the budget for studying is reasonable cheap, Mississippi is not particularly competitive. That is, except when it comes to the cost of living. You can rent a two-bedroom apartment in Gulfport for just $778 per month
Cheapest Universities in Mississippi
- Alcorn State University: Tuition fee – $5,269/yr
- Mississippi Valley State University: Tuition fee – $6,096/yr
- Delta State University: Tuition fee – $6,298/yr
- Jackson State University: Tuition fee – $7,141/yr
Iowa state offers you many opportunities for studying, for foreign students who want to study in the city, the rent is affordable and it provides working options.
Cheapest Universities in Iowa
- University of Phoenix Des Moines Campus: Tuition fee – $9,480/yr
- Purdue Global Davenport Campus: Tuition fee – $13,356/yr
- Hamilton Technical College: Tuition fee – $14,250/yr
Nebraska is cheap and offers opportunities for international students. The following are the most affordable and cheaper universities In the city
Cheapest Universities in Nebraska
- Bellevue University; Tuition fee – $6,840/yr
- University of Phoenix Omaha Campus: Tuition fee – $9,480/yr
- The University of Nebraska at Kearney: Tuition fee – $10,862/yr
If you’re looking for an affordable university in the US, Kentucky is an answer to your quest, the cost of living and tuition is reasonably affordable. if you are a foreign citizen and cannot qualify for in-state tuition, these are the cheapest universities in Kentucky for international students.
Cheapest Universities in Kentucky
- Mid Continent University: Tuition fee – $8,190/yr
- University of Phoenix Louisville Campus: Tuition fee – $9,480/yr
Texas is a quite popular city, its economy generally is most affordable. For a student wanting to study in this city, these are the best options to apply.
Cheapest Universities in Texas
- The University of Texas at Brownsville: Tuition fee – $3,600/yr
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin: Tuition fee – $5,496/yr
- Baptist University of the Americas: Tuition fee – $5,520/yr
Louisiana is rich in culture, they are loving individuals. Their economy is also doing great. If you want to study in a cheaper city, consider these universities below
Cheapest Universities in Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Alexandria: Tuition fee – $4,894/yr
- Grambling State University: Tuition fee – $5,140/yr
- Louisiana State University Shreveport: Tuition fee – $5,656/yr
Utah is well best-known for its sensational national parks and exciting natural views. Studying in this city is both affordable and enjoyable, you get to surf its natural edifice.
Cheapest Universities in Utah
- Brigham Young University Provo: Tuition fee – $5,300/yr
- University of Phoenix Utah Campus: Tuition fee – $9,840/yr
- Broadview Entertainment Arts University: Tuition fee – $13,500/yr
Knowing the most affordable student cities in the USA will always give you an edge in your journey and help you save a lot. Besides, this most affordable student cities in USA hosts some of the best universities in the world.
Let’s hear from you
Which of the most affordable student cities in USA would you love to study in?
Share with us via the comment.