Mitacs Elevate Fellowship Program For Postdoctoral Students applications are open for all international students in Canada with professional skills training components.
Mitacs is a non-governmental organization located in Toronto Canada aimed at promoting and developing young innovators and game-changers in research by bringing academia and industry together to provide expert training to help shape the next generation into emerging high industry partners.
The organization has partnered with over 1000 companies,51universities across Canada and has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years.
Requirements for The Elevate Fellowship Program
- Elevate supervisors must hold a faculty position at a Canadian university and must be eligible to administer Tri-Council funds and be in a position that allows them to supervise graduate students.
- Mitacs Elevate is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants. The fellow must be based at a university located in Canada for the duration of the fellowship.
- Fellows must be committed to the two-year fellowship, including the training and development, when applying to Elevate. Replacement and/or substitute fellows are not allowed.
- Postdoctoral fellows may apply for Mitacs Elevate fellowship if their date of graduation from a PhD program is no more than 5 years prior to the proposed start date the research project. Fellows who have had a break in their career due to military service, illness, or family leave may be considered as exceptions and must be approved in advance of proposal submission. If this situation applies to you and/or you have any questions, please contact Mitacs at elevate(at)mitacs.ca.
- Successful candidates must have fulfilled all degree requirements (e.g., successful defense, final deposit, and signoff of dissertation) for their PhD at time of project start date.
- All fellows who successfully enter into the Elevate program are responsible for ensuring that they meet the PDF eligibility criteria at their host institution and that they will hold a PDF status by the start date of their fellowship and for the two-year duration of the Elevate program.
- Fellows must not have been employed for more than six months in an R&D position outside the university after receipt of their doctoral degree; and
- Fellows must not have received an offer of employment from the partner organization except an offer of this fellowship or short-term employment of up to six months while awaiting a decision on the fellowship.
How to Apply The Elevate Fellowship Program
To apply for the ongoing Elevate Fellowship Program is not as difficult as you think. All Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the “Apply Now” button below to get started
It should be noted that all Interested and qualified candidates are to apply for the Elevate Fellowship Program on or before January 19, 2022